Just Slightly Giddy

posted by Jory on Friday, September 26, 2008
OK, I am excited about two things right now and, naturally, both of them are movies.

Happy Source #1
There's nothing I like better than the prospect of a new Cameron Crowe film. He has this extraordinary talent for bringing realism to the screen.
Characters - relatable, plotlines - believable, romance - desirable, music - incredible.

In my mind, Crowe is the epitome of filmmaking genius. The "Untitled Cameron Crowe Project" is currently in pre-production and is set to star Ben Stiller and Reese Witherspoon. Though the casting choice may give me pause, I'm going to trust him and hope for the best. He hasn't let me down yet -- even with "Elizabethtown," which I still greatly enjoyed despite its flaws. So sue me.

Happy Source #2
"Revolutionary Road."

Not to be confused with "Reservation Road," starring Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Ruffalo (le sigh), which I haven't actually seen yet and kick myself for. Then again, with the exception of "Pineapple Express," I haven't seen any new movies in months.

Anyway, "Revolutionary Road" is based on a novel of the same name by Richard Yates and is set to come out the day after Christmas.

Why am I so excited about this one, you ask? (Now pay close attention kids.) It will be the first reunion of Kate and Leo since "Titanic," and I am intrigued, to say the least. They were cute as Rose and Jack, but they have both grown up a great deal and have evolved into two of the most talented actors I've seen lately.

Pair that with the fact that the book was listed as "one of the 100 best English-language novels" since 1923 and runs in league with greats like Catch 22 and I must conclude that this can only be a good thing.

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos