Encore, Encore!

posted by Jory on Saturday, May 01, 2010
We all were sad when the Harry Potter series ended. I, for one, put that last book down and wasn't sure what to do next with my life. I've re-read them. I have both the British and American versions of the audiobooks (because I love both Stephen Fry AND Jim Dale). I've bought multiple copies of the books. (I actually have 5 different copies of the first book alone. I know. Sad.) I even knit my own Gryffindor scarf.

Did you the word "fan" is short for "fanatic"?

Anyway, when Rowling released her short story "prequel" for charity, I felt temporary satisfaction. And again when she released the Tales of Beedle the Bard. But of course, I look most forward to the day she writes another book (whether its part of the Potter world or not).

Well, although she has not said outright that she is working on more books, she did say she has not dismissed the possibility, "maybe 10 years from now." (See also, CNN - J.K. Rowling)

So I was thinking, if Rowling were to continue the Potter series, or at least write more in that universe, what might she try? So here are my Top 4:

4. The gang all grown up in their adult lives. (This is number four, because I really think their story has really reached completion.)
3. A new series with new characters but still set in the Wizarding World.
2. A more complete prequel about James, Lily, Sirius, Lupin, Snape, etc....
1. The next generation at Hogwarts (i.e. a continuation of the Epilogue) - More specifically, I think a new storyline with Teddy Lupin as a protagonist would be great. He's even got the whole "orphan" thing going on. Seriously. Think about it.



Also, apparently, a Rowling barbie doll has been released. Um. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It does kind of look like her at least...kind of. 











Online tag generator

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos