And the insanity continues...

posted by Jory on Saturday, October 01, 2011
In my teaching certification program this semester, I am required to perform 50 clinical hours. The first 25 in a high school and the second 25 in a middle school. I am wrapping up the first half the the clinicals, so a couple weeks ago I decided it was time to make contact with the cooperating teacher for the middle school. I emailed her to let her know my availability and asked her to respond with the days in my availability that would work best for her. After a week, I still hadn't received a response. I emailed the program director and she told me to wait a couple more days and then call the school. Yesterday, I called the school and asked if there was a better way to get in touch with the teacher. She died over the summer. I emailed the program director again to update her and try to find out where to go from here. She basically told me to handle it myself rather than doing her job and finding me a new placement. Apparently she has found a new job and is quitting, so she has no intention of helping me out at all. This so would happen to me.

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos