Mix Tape Monday: Shake the Disease

posted by Jory on Monday, October 17, 2011
I'm posting this super late! But I know I forewarned you that Mondays and Tuesdays are 15 hour days for me. Anyhoo, for today's Mix Tape Monday, I present to you Depeche Mode's "Shake the Disease." Maybe because it's October, or maybe because I'm just odd, I've really been digging creepy/eerie sounding music. It probably helps that I just finished Dracula and am currently reading The Historian (both creepy in their own right). But, in all honesty, I've always loved creepy music. Thinking back to childhood, I generally loved the creepy-ish villain songs in Disney (and non-Disney) movies.

Some favorites include "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia Anastasia - In The Dark Of The Night

Powered by mp3skull.com, "The Plagues" from Prince of Egypt The Prince of Egypt Soundtrack - Track 12 - 'The Plagues'

Powered by mp3skull.com, "Zira's Lullaby" from Lion King 2 Simba's Pride - Zira's Lullaby

Powered by mp3skull.com, and "Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame .

And, returning to the point of this post, here is Depeche Mode's "Shake the Disease":  
Shake the Disease 
I'm not going down on my knees,
Begging you to adore me
Can't you see it's misery
And torture for me
When I'm misunderstood
Try as hard as you can, I've tried as hard as I could
To make you see
How important it is for me

Here is a plea
From my heart to you
Nobody knows me
As well as you do
You know how hard it is for me
To shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue
In situations like these

Understand me

Some people have to be
Permanently together
Lovers devoted to
Each other forever
Now I've got things to do
And I've said before that I know you have too
When I'm not there
In spirit I'll be there

Here is a plea
From my heart to you
Nobody knows me
As well as you do
You know how hard it is for me
To shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue
In situations like these

Understand me

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos