Mix Tape Monday: Teenage Dirtbag

posted by Jory on Monday, May 07, 2012
Feeling a little nostalgic. I loved this movie in like 8th or 9th grade.

I'm a sucker for an underdog. But really, who would wear that hat in New York?

 This guy's voice is already so high that when he sings like a girl it's pretty believable. Another of my favorite songs from this album - yes, I bought this album (a CD, remember those?!?) - is Hump 'Em and Dump 'Em. I'm sad to say that at the ripe old age of 13, I had no idea what that meant. I was a naive. Also, "Love is a Mutt From Hell" is particularly profound. Key lyrics - "He takes advantage of me/He even knows when I pee."



"Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus
Her name is Noelle
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour

Oh how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me


Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby... with me
Ooohoooooo


Her boyfriend's a dick
He brings a gun to school
And he'd simply kick
My ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And He drives an IROC
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me...


Cause i'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah i'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me
Ooohoooooo


Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.
Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.


Man I feel like mold
It's prom night and I am lonely.
Lo and behold
She's walking over to me.
This must be fake
My lip starts to shake
How does she know who I am?
And why does she give a damn about me?


(and she said)

I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby
Come with me Friday - don't say maybe.
I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Like you
Ooohoo Hoo Hooooooo


Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing.
Oh yeah, dirtbag
No, she doesn't know what she's missing...
YYYYEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH

0 comments:

 

jo writes the blog Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos